$500.00 AIMT Student Scholarship Guidelines
Eligibility: Students must be currently enrolled in an Indiana academic program and actively pursuing internship sites. Respond in writing to the questions listed below, and provide one letter of recommendation from music therapy faculty. Submit all application materials to Jan Schreibman through email at firstname.lastname@example.org Co-chairs of the clinical training committee will review applications and make a recommendation to the AIMT executive committee for final approval. Once the awarded student has officially accepted an internship, he/she will be awarded the money. All applications for consideration need to be post marked by January 31, 2016. Recipient will be announced at the winter meeting(s) and on the AIMT website.
- What do you envision your future as a music therapist to look like?
- Why should you be chosen over other candidates?
- If you were deciding who should be awarded this scholarship, what criteria would you look for?
- What do you think makes a good music therapist?
- What was your favorite practicum experience and why?
- How would you like to grow professionally and personally during your internship?
- How have you been involved in your student music therapy association?
Briefly describe any volunteer and/or leadership roles in college.