2016 GLR Conference
Call for Abstract Submissions
Abstracts describing works in progress or completed works may be submitted for the Research Poster Session. Please describe the stage of the project within the title. The abstract submission deadline is November 30, 2015 by 5 pm Eastern time.
Research Poster Presentations
The Research Poster Session provides an interactive forum for researchers to discuss their work with conference attendees
Presenters will be assigned a location to put up each poster, and posters will be organized by Topic.
Abstract Content and Format
Abstract proposals are limited to one page. All abstracts must be formatted with 1 inch margins; 11-pt font or larger for narrative, 10-point or larger for figures and tables.
Consider including the following information in the abstract (as relevant):
- Introduction, objective, phenomenon under investigation, hypotheses or research questions
- Description of rigorous and relevant research methods (qualitative/quantitative or mixed methods)
- Description of research participants and data gathering methods
- Description of the data analysis and results
- Summary of findings that are supported by the data presented
- Statement of how the research advanced music therapy clinical practice.
Each submission must include complete information for judging research quality.
- Submissions must be received as an e-mail attachment using pdf
- Use the following format for the file name: CorAuthorLastName_First Name_Topic.pdf (for example: Burns_Debra_HospiceMT.pdf)
- In the MAIN BODY OF THE E-MAIL include all of the information necessary in APA format including 1) the title of the paper, 2) names(s) of author(s) and 3) institutional affiliation(s).
- On the abstract INCLUDE ONLY the title. DO NOT include authors’ name or affiliations.
- At the end of the abstract, include 5 keywords/topics for use in grouping abstracts
The deadline for submissions is November 30, 2015. Please send pdf submissions to: email@example.com. If, after 5 days of submission you have not received a confirmation of your abstract being received contact Dr. Burns by email or phone (317) 278-2014 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After a blind review by the committee, each corresponding author will be notified via email of acceptance or rejection of the submission.