Call for Papers/Presentations
Submissions are due by December 1,2014
The Minnesota conference committee would like to invite and encourage music therapists and scholars from all over the U.S. to submit proposals to present at the Great Lakes Region conference April 8-12, 2015 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The theme for this conference is Plant. Grow. Cultivate. Wellness in Music Therapy. Proposals for concurrent sessions and CMTE sessions will be accepted online using the form below.
Please provide the following when submitting your paper:
A. On the cover sheet:
1. Title of presentation (12 words maximum).
2. Name of presenter(s) and contact information: address, phone number with
area code, and e-mail address. Indicate preference for presentation: session, poster session or CMTE
3. Preferred length of presentation (60, 90, 120 minutes or 5-hour CMTE). .
4. Format of presentation (lecture, demonstration, experiential).
5. Target audience — students, entry level professionals, experienced
professionals, educators/clinical trainers. List any participant prerequisites (if
6. Specific audiovisual needs. Because of scheduling and budgeting issues,
changes in AV requests will not be allowed after the proposals have been
7. Specific requests for instruments
8. Suggested presider.
B. Resume or CV for each presenter. Please include a list of 2-3 past presentations, if any.
C. FOR BLIND REVIEW PURPOSES, please place the following information on a separate sheet.
1. Presentation data
a. Title of presentation
b. Learner objectives
c. Indicate which of the following will be incorporated into the proposed
presentation: Participant discussion, music examples, active music-making, activities for clinical application, foundational/theoretical information, specific MT techniques, advanced MT techniques, active participant experience.
2. Abstract of 50 words or fewer (may be edited to meet needs of conference
3. Detailed description of the presentation, 250 words or fewer
4. Keywords related to proposed presentation.
5. References requested, separate from 250 word count.
Note: Handouts for accepted proposals will be requested at a later time.
Submit all proposals electronically in Microsoft Word format, and direct any questions to : Kristen at email@example.com