Board Certified Music Therapist
AccessAbilities, Inc. – Bloomington, IN 47404
$18.75 – $23.00 an hour
|Potential Start Date: October 2017
AccessAbilities, Inc. is seeking compassionate, experienced, and professional Board Certified Music Therapists, preferably with extensive experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities via the Medicaid Waiver, to join our growing practice. The job is full-time, hourly (for first 120 days), and in the clinic setting with potential for driving. Direct care can be used to supplement hours up to 40 per week. Benefits available to those who qualify.
- Successfully complete degree program at an accredited school/university approved by the American Music Therapy Association.
- Experience working with Indiana Medicaid Waivers preferred.
- Successfully complete 6-month/1000 hrs. professional practice internship at an internship site through approved by AMTA.
- Be certified by the Certification Board of Music Therapists.
- One or more years clinical/field experience.
- Knowledge of the human service field.
- Experience with children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Must meet weekly billable hour requirement.
- Ability to perform independently.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be organized.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be willing to drive to and throughout the area on a daily basis.
- Must be willing to participate in agency and other events to promote our behavior department’s services and supports (showcases, provider fairs, resource fairs, the county fairs, etc).
- Must be well-organized and have exceptional time management skills.
- Must be prompt and professional.
- Must adhere to all our other hiring policies; back ground checks, CPI, CPR, etc.
- Must be able to create and present professional reports that are a part of a consumer’s permanent file.
- To improve self-image and body awareness
- To improve fine and gross motor skills
- To improve auditory perception
- To increase communication skills
- To increase the ability to use energy purposefully
- To increase the interaction with peers and others
- To improve attending behavior
- To improve independence and self-direction
- To reduce maladaptive (stereotypical, compulsive, self-abuse, assault, disruptive, perseverance, impulsive) behaviors
- To enhance emotional expression and adjustment
- To increase self-esteem/confidence
- To increase coping skills/ self-relaxation skills
- To decrease anxiety
- To stimulate creativity and imagination
- The music therapist may provide services directly or may demonstrate techniques to other service personnel or family members.
- Complete quarterly summaries
- Participate in Annual Meetings
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Life Insurance
- Indemnity Health Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Yearly stipend for CEUs
- Salary commensurate with experience and education level
- Yearly stipend for supplies per supervisor approval
- Paid holidays
- Vacation time
- Employee paid dental, vision, and more life insurance coverage available as well.
Please send your resume and contact information for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.75 to $23.00 /hour
- Medicaid Waiver: 1 year
- Developmental Disabilities: 1 year
- clinical/field: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver’s License
- Board Certified Music Therapist
Eric Lund, MT-BC
Director of Music Therapy
Cell: (651) 307.0754
Bloomington Mailing Address:
899 South College Mall Road # 223
Bloomington, IN 47401
Phone: (812) 323.4660
Fax: (812) 323.4668
Bloomington Business Address:
Executive Park North
2620 N. Walnut Street, Suite 700
Bloomington, IN 47404
Indianapolis Mailing Address:
5351 E. Thompson Road, #243
Indianapolis, IN 46237
Toll Free at (877) 755.4049
Fax: (317) 884.6699
Indianapolis Business Address:
622 North Madison Avenue, Suites 1 & 2
Greenwood, IN 46142
Merrillville Business and MAILING Address:
8398 Mississippi St.
Merrillville, IN 46410
Phone: (219) 755.4049
Fax: (219) 769.1048
“Elevating the lives of those who are differently-abled, one individual at a time.”
For information related to services at our Merrillville, Indianapolis, and Bloomington locations, go to http://www.AccessAbilitiesInc.com.